Friday, September 26, 2008

Yea Shaw!




A recent post from the DC MUD people is making me see $$ signs. (http://dcmud.blogspot.com/2008/09/shaw-redemption.html)


The development that is detailed in the post (converting the Wonder Bread factory into Radio One headquarters..here's the proposed look... and other projects) is down the street from my condo. I love living in the U St. corridor for many reasons: the diversity, the shops, restaurants, bars, and convenient metro stop. I really love living here when I know development down the street means that property values will rise. Don't forget, real estate is an investment!

There's also other fun projects coming to the neighborhood: a 45,000 square foot YMCA at the corner of 14th and W and a new parking garage/retail space behind the Floridian. Hurrah! It's good to live on U St., NW.

No comments: