Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Senate passes legislation to extend 8K tax credit

I know, I know.  Every real estate blog in the blogosphere is discussing this development.  But I had to post something!  It's important because it might be passed by the House as soon as today or tomorrow.  Wahoo! 

Not only is the credit going to be extended until June 30th, 2010, they're also proposing to up the income levels for elgibility.  Read Dina ElBoghdady's article on the extension for exact details.

This is an exciting development for me!  I have clients that have been running around town trying to find a place to buy.  They'd love to use the 8K tax credit but we haven't found anything that they like!  The clock is ticking on the credit and I don't know if we'll make it.  It's "do or die" this weekend.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: