Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hallelujah the AC is back!

After a week of no AC, our drainage tray has been repaired and we're living in the land of cool.  We're a $1000 poorer but staying cool is very, very important to me.  Thankfully the weather broke last week and it was bearable after Wednesday night.  We were left with a fine coat of pollen on all of our belongings but everyone in the Bogotti household is a lot happier.

My computer also got a virus last week.  Thankfully my husband is talented at all things computer and knowing when to admit he needs help.  He went on Craigs List and found a computer guru who fixed it for $100.  I was THRILLED.  Geeksquad was going to be a minimum of $300 and that was just to diagnose that I had a virus.  (No duh Geeksquad! Even I know it's a virus.) Not to mention Geeksquad said it was going to take a week to repair if we used their services.

On the real estate front, things are going swimmingly.  Buyers are looking and listings are going under contract.  It's intense out there.

Some of my clients were looking at a house in Chevy Chase and I felt like we were back in 2003.  There were massive amounts of people viewing the property.  It was really cute but it needed a new kitchen and a new bathroom upstairs.  It had central AC on the top floor but none on the main floor.  It was listed at 785K and they were getting multiple offers.  People were doing pre-inspections because it was being sold in "as-is" condition.  That also means offers were probably going to be submitted without certain contingencies.  Sounds suspiciously like 2003 and definitely felt like it too.  It was too much work my for my folks so they decided to pass on making an offer.  Although it's encouraging that certain neighborhoods in DC are a sellers market, it stinks when you're on the buying side. April is going to be an interesting month!

No comments: