Saturday, August 28, 2010

5 things I love about my 'hood

1.  Produce from the farmer's market at 14th and U.  Every Saturday from May 1-Nov. 20th fruits, veggies, baked goods and more are available on the corner of 14th and U St.  It's seasonal, fresh and  locally produced.  This was today's haul.  Yum!

2.  The Green/Yellow Metro stop that's two blocks from our house.  I know people poo-poo everything but the Red line but I love it.  I can hop on the Metro and get to Target in one stop.  It's three stops to the Verizon Center and four stops to the National Mall.  We went to Jazz in the Sculpture Garden yesterday and it took 10 minutes to get there. 

3.  The 9:30 Club.  I don't fully take advantage of living across the street from the 9:30 Club but I'm trying.  The Gabriela y Rodrigo show was one of the best performances I've ever seen. 

4.  Solly's patio.  Sitting outside of Solly's for happy hour and $3.00 Miller Lites makes me smile.  When the weather is beautiful, there's nothing better than having a beer and people watching.

5.  The ESL guys think my 'hood is cool too.   Marvin, The Gibson and Patty Boom Boom were their first forays.  They've been successful from day one.  I can't wait for the bakery, the British pub and the beer garden to open.  All of these amazing places (and how could they suck?  It's the ESL guys and they have the golden touch) are within five blocks of my house.  Hell yea!

No comments: