Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ho ho holidays

In between home inspections, holiday cards and home improvement, I was able to sneak away for a lunch date with a friend.  I know the Proof $12 lunch deal is old news but I never get to lunch.  It was new to me, yummy and a lot of fun.  I also completed some holiday shopping at the Penn Quarter Holiday Mart.  I attended the Mart last year as well.  Once again, the stands were adorable.  My friend bought several gifts and so did I.  If you can stand the weather, this is a great way to support local business.


Then I made some spectacular cookies.  These are chocolate dipped hazelnut caramel squares from the December issue of Bon Appetit.  Yes.  They were difficult.  I made candied orange peel because the grocery didn't carry it.  It was worth the effort because they are FANTASTIC.  Happy holidays!   

No comments: