Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hood Happenings


U St. Vida has finally opened and it's bad ass.  I went on Monday and I'm impressed.  I've been going to Vida for 3 years.  They took the "mistakes" from the Verizon and Metropole branches and improved everthing.  The Spin room is huge.  The class studio is enormous and so is the Inner Fitness studio for yoga/pilates.  There's tons of cardio equipment and weights.  There's a TRX station plus the roof top pool.  Well done. 

Blackbyrd Warehouse opened last Thursday.  The latest endeavor by the Hilton brothers has an industrial vibe:  concrete floors, exposed brick and duct work, and vaulted ceilings.  I peeked into the front on Saturday morning on the way back from the Farmer's Market.  We'll be trying it this week.

Lost Society opened July 4th weekend.  I've heard the food isn't great but the bar and roof top are fantastic.  I'm hoping to sample both myself this weekend too.  (Sounds like I'm having a big weekend, huh?)

DDOT is revamping the U St. sidewalk.  Although I'm excited we're getting a face lift, I am not excited about the traffic problems this will cause.  The reconstruction project in Adams Morgan is hell on wheels.  I had a fab time showing property in AM earlier this month.  (pull out hair now).

The Wallach Place project on 14th St, NW  hit a snag.  Their design was rejected by the Historic Preservation Review Board.  Uh oh.

No comments: