Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Teeny, tiny tree


For the first time in 3 years, I put up my teeny, tiny Christmas tree.  The tinsel beauty pictured here has been sitting in a box since we moved in '07.  Although I'm already having moments of "bah humbug" (WHY does Christmas music have to be played in all retail stores?  WHY?), I decided to break it out.  I'm hosting our semi-annual White Elephant dinner next week and I thought we needed more sparkly stuff in our house. 

I'm going to take a break from real estate news this month.  There's been lots of good news in real estate news lately.  I'm siked the tax credit got extended until next year.  I'm also stoked that October's house sales are the best since March 2006.  I'm really thankful that this year was busy.

But I'm burnt out.   I feel apprehensive and I don't know why.

Therefore, I want to spend the month of December reflecting upon the silly stuff that makes me happy.  My teeny, tiny Christmas tree.  The White Elephant dinner.  Going to see The Roots.  Spending time with my family over Christmas and our annual Christmas Eve party.  New Year's with friends at the 9:30 Club. 

I'll still be showing property, going to closings and marketing property.  I'm just not going to write about it.  I'm going to refresh my attitude and get ready for 2010.  Happy December!

No comments: