Thursday, May 26, 2011

The importance of staging

Before
After.  Staging by Charm City Staging.
There's a million articles about the importance of staging a property to sell.  So why am I writing about it?  Reading about it is one thing but seeing it in action is another.  

I can attest to first hand knowledge as a buyer agent that staging makes a huge impact.  The difference between a staged property, whether it's using the owners belongings or furnishings from a staging company, is significant.

Recently, I showed two properties that were exactly the same in sister buildings.  Each was a two level, two bedroom, two and half bath condo.  Unit #1 had brightly painted walls (greens, reds, oranges) and knick knacks everywhere.  Unit #2 was painted a neutral tan and was de-cluttered.  My clients are making an offer on Unit #2. 

My point:  staging sells.

No comments: