Monday, June 20, 2011

Shake Shack

Shake Shack burgers: one single, two doubles
This weekend, my husband and I finally sampled Shake Shack in Dupont Circle.  Based on the hype, I was expecting good things and they delivered. 

We arrived at the tail end of the lunch hour on Saturday and the line was out the door.  Big sighs and lots of cussing ensued on my husband's end.  But the money was in the meter (Yes, I drove.  I had to meet a client afterward.) so off we went.  The line moved quickly.  Total line time was about ten minutes.  I had a single Shake burger and a vanilla shake.  My husband ordered two (!) double burgers.  One was for lunch, the other for his late afternoon "snack."  (Jeez, I wish I had his metabolism).  We didn't bother with fries. 

I loved my burger.  It was cooked medium (hallelujah) which was fantastic.  I love 5 Guys but they cook the living hell out of those burgers.  I liked the Shake sauce.  The milkshake was pretty damn good too.  My hyper-critical foodie husband also liked it.  Consensus:  GO.  It's yummy, fun experience. 

No comments: