Monday, April 27, 2009

In my perfect world



Last week, I went on a mini-vacation to Philly. My sister-n-law (SIL) was at a medical conference for 5 days. My cousin Josh and his wife have lived there for 4 years and we've never visited. (I'm a bad relative. I know.)

I've been to Philly before but it was years ago. I think I fell in love. We stayed in Center City, went to the Rodin Museum and dined at some amazing places. But my FAVORITE place of the 2 days was Reading Terminal Market. It's a fresh, public market place with numerous merchants. There was local produce, pastries, cheeses, meats, seafood, condiments, cookies, a raw bar, a gyro stand, Middle Eastern food, coffee, etc. etc. I was in food geek heaven. I could have spent hours there.

I know we have Eastern Market, but it's in Cap Hill. I want a market like this in NW. Preferably on the U St. Corridor. I'm thinking the old church on the corner of 14th and T St. could be converted to a market like Reading Terminal and all would be right in my little world. Hello??..developers..read my blog.

No comments: