Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mod to Modern

One of the best things about being a real estate agent is being able to glimpse the interiors of different types of properties. I'm fascinated by interior design and the process of designing a space to make it a home. I was an avid reader of Domino magazine and I was crushed when it folded. (Although I did keep every single issue for inspiration.) I'm obsessed with Jonathan Adler and HGTV's Design Challenge. I also love the Home and Garden section of The Post.

In today's edition of the Home and Garden section, there's a great article about interior designer Lori Graham and the project she did on a Watergate penthouse. Lori often works with one of my team members, Ross Vann, so I've been able to see some of her work. I love her point of view with it's mix of modern and traditional. I also *really* want every single light fixture she uses. That's one of her signatures. It's a minor detail that always makes a big difference in the finished look. Although she's no stranger to good press, it's pretty cool to see her work featured in The Post.

No comments: