The developer, Watassa Partners, is also selling the units. They're not in the MLS. You have to walk by the building and call the number on the sign. You'll reach the office and you can set up an appointment with Jim McInerney, the brains behind the operation.
The building is going to be very nice. (When we viewed it, only a few units were complete.) Jim has great ideas and amazing prices. The two bedrooms were 360K. The one bedroom/den was 350K. The one bedrooms ranged from 260-297K. There were several parking spaces available for 20K each. Dogs and cats up to 50 lbs will be allowed. Below are some of the features the building is offering:
1) 1. Each unit has it’s own dedicated secure storage unit in the basement that is included in the price of each unit.
2) 2. Finishes are top-of-the-line (Bosch appliances, including a matching cabinet panel-front dishwasher), Porcelanosa tile in the bathroom, marble listello in tub surround, Caesarstone bath vanity top, medicine cabinets, built-in closet organizers, granite countertops, top end lighting, etc…).
3) 3. All units have brand new electrical wiring, including wall-mounted TV outlets (cable and electrical plug side-by-side).
4) 4. There will be a gym/workout facility in the basement.
5) 5. A separate bike rack/room to secure bikes in the basement.
6) 6. All units have many green features including brand new energy star windows, energy star appliances(Bosch), super high-efficiency HVAC systems and solar water heating. The solar-thermal system will have an LCD display in the lobby which will show real-time energy consumption and production for the building.
7) 7. A hand-made, decorative ironwork door and matching transom window will welcome guests at the front door of the building.
8) 8. The building will be accessed by a secure, telephone entry system with keyless-fob entrance system.
9) 9. The building will have a beautiful fenced back yard for all residents.
M My client were interested in a two bedroom or a one bedroom/den. I set up an appointment with Jim to see a two bedroom unit. There was only one left. He was available to take us on a tour the following week. By the time the day of the appointment rolled around, the two bedroom had gone under contract. I was told a one bedroom/den might be available. We asked to view the one bedroom/den and the one bedroom units.
As As we expected from the details given above, the units were very nice. They had big windows and nice upgrades. Although the one bedroom unit was very nice, it wasn't enough space for my clients. We were told to touch base later in the week to see if the developer wanted to sell the one bedroom/den. At that moment, the developer was retaining the one bedroom/den but they might change their mind.
Although I was very persistent (or perhaps because I was too persistent), this opportunity didn't work out for my clients. The developer decided to keep the one bedroom/den leaving only one bedrooms available for purchase. If you're looking for a new one bedroom in the Cleveland Park neighborhood, this condo project could be an excellent option.