Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Want a superb sandie? Go here...

Fast Gourmet at 14th and V St, NW

Back in December, both Prince of Petworth (POP) and U St. Girl had rave reviews about Fast Gourmet, a sandie shop in the gas station at 14th and V St, NW.

I was dubious.  A marvelous new sandwich shop in a gas station?  I know that's commonplace in Miami but it's not in DC.

I told my husband, who's a more adventurous eater, and one day he came home with a Cubano.  I sampled it and wham, our love affair with Fast Gourmet began.

I know both POP and U St. Girl professed love for the Cubano but we're partial to the Chivito (steak, ham, fried egg, bacon, cheese, green olives) and the roasted turkey with the green olive mayo.  I'm sure you can guess which one is mine.   I highly recommend giving it a whirl next time you're in need of a good sandie.  Yum.
Chivito

Roasted turkey with green olive mayo
*photo of Fast Gourmet via POP.  Sandie photos, my own.

No comments: