Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blogs you should be reading (besides mine!)

Recently, The Washington Post started a real estate blog called Local Address. It's written by Elizabeth Razzi who has contributed to the Real Estate section for many years. There's a lot of blogs about real estate but they all have different approaches. Razzi does a good job of covering the local market but also addresses national statistics without boring you to death. Her latest post, Prices Down All Around is really, really interesting. The numbers in DC vs. VA vs. MD give you a good idea of what's happening in the market. I tend to focus on the market in DC but I love being in *the know* about MD and VA.

Urban Turf launched this summer and it's readership has grown quickly. It was just named by Washington City Paper as one of the best real estate blogs. They have a number of features that I really enjoy like Neighborhood Profiles and the Best Open Houses This Weekend. Sadly, my lovely blog didn't make the cut at Washington City Paper. I'm outraged! lol. I think three people actually read my blog.

My favorite blog is Prince of Petworth. He focuses on many of my favorite DC things: new restaurants and bars, architecture, and neighborhoods. His commentary is generally snarky which I think is hilarious.

Make sure you bookmark!

No comments: