Friday, March 27, 2009

Holy shmoly!


This beauty is located at 1717 15 St, NW. I've driven by this place a million times and I always admired it's clean lines. I thought it was an apartment building.

Imagine my surprise when I get my weekly Open House email from the Schaeffer-Chetrit Group and I see this HOUSE is for sale for a cool $5,000,000. THAT IS A HOUSE.

And I quote: "This magnificent 1920's Villa was the former Rectory of Bishop's Gate and is located in the historic district between Logan Circle and DuPont Circle. The first floor plan has much flexibility for living and entertaining with multiple public rooms, a first class kitchen with commercial grade appliances and breakfast room. The main living space has a gracious entrance foyer with 10 foot ceilings, stone floors, beautiful woodwork and French doors opening to a grey stone slate terrace. A rear entrance provides parking and easy access for catering and deliveries.

The second floor has a wonderful landing with French doors leading out to a private intimate balcony overlooking the Scottish Rite Temple. There is a large master bedroom with cedar closets, large bathroom with stone floors, separate shower, double sinks and a Jacuzzi tub. There are an additional two bedrooms, cedar closets and a full bath.

The third floor has an additional five bedrooms and three full baths with stunning views. And the massive private roof deck has a grilling area, pergola, 360 degree views of the Scottish Rite Temple and is perfect for large scale entertaining."

I immediately start to day dream: "What if all of my friends and I bought this house together? We could all live there and take care of each other as we grow old. But more importantly... the parties...the PARTIES we could have." Hahaaaa! Isn't it fun to day dream? Did I mention that most of us are married and there's no way in hell that anybody would agree to that? But the parties!

Anyway..click there for the virtual tour. It's an incredible place. I still can't believe it's one house. It's one of the last grand dames.

No comments: