Sunday, March 22, 2009

Policy


Don't worry..I'm not going to blather about current real estate policy..I'm going to tell you about checking out Policy over the weekend. It's a new restaurant/bar at 14th and T St,NW. PoP did a post about it last week and showed the interior shots and discussed the press release here.

Of course I was intrigued! It's now well documented that I love to try a new place. So imagine my delight when I noticed it was open on my way to dinner on Friday night. I was out with the girls..perfect time to drag them to someplace new. And it was one of their birthdays. Double trouble.

After dinner, we trouped over to take a look. The downstairs, as shown by Pop's photos, is black and red. I think it might be too shiny. I love all things shiny so for me to be making this comment means it's *really* shiny. But the place was packed and it was only 9:30pm. Then we went upstairs to the lounge. Again, I had seen the photos but I didn't anticipate loving the look as much as I did. I loved the wall of graffiti. And the chandeliers. I need chandeliers like that in every room and in every color. Chandeliers make everything OK because they're purty.

As we sipped our cocktails, the lounge filled up. It was their opening night and they were having a launch party. It was about 11:30 and time for a change of venue. We crossed the street to St. Ex.

I'm really curious about the food in this place. More details once I try it. I am very excited to have another new place in the hood. We all know I'm a big proponent of new places.

Now I wish they'd figure out what they're going to do with the old church on the other side of 14th and T. Latest word on the street is the Room and Board store is OUT. I'm thrilled that the nation chain didn't get funding because I'm a big fan of local business. Maybe the Diner folks will be able to resurrect the restaurant/comedy club idea. Wait and see!

No comments: